Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Dream Wedding

The following is a result of three bowls and pure boredom. Realistically I can't picture myself ever taking the walk down the aisle...ever. But that doesn't stop me from planning a dream wedding. As much as I love the summer, I don't know if I'd be able to have my wedding during that season so my month of choice would be October, preferably Columbus Day weekend. Considering it's a long weekend, my guests would be able to plan accordingly, especially those who I'll meet when I leave a few years in either New York, California, or Texas. It will of course take place in Massachusetts because there's no other place I could picture myself beginning a new part of my life, on top of the fact New England is one of the prettiest locations in the country to be in the fall to view the foliage. But post wedding I'd be more than willing to relocate back to a state where the average temperature is 70 degree, maybe South Carolina, my parents always speak so highly of the southern Carolina. 

My mom raised me Catholic and forced me to go to CCD classes for years just so I could receive my confirmation because she was convinced there was going to be a day where I'd meet a nice Catholic man. It was her fantasy that he'd be able to persuade me that the church where I was baptized was the perfect place for my wedding. I wish I never went through with it because now I feel a little bit obligated to get married in a church, but for some reason I equate church weddings with being large and I've always pictures a relatively small wedding. My cousin had hers in a tiny little chapel type building in the woods on Cape Cod. I must have been only twelve or thirteen years old but I knew if I ever were to get married it would be in a location just like her. 

I never planned on wearing a white wedding dress. One because I think it's so cliche and I'm known to go against the grind, and two cause there is not way I am pure enough to get away with that. God would be looking down on me with a "shame on you" glare and what type of bride needs those stares on her big day, not me. Like I said, I fell in love with my cousin's wedding location but my opinion was she didn't embellish or put in a lot of effort when it came to decorations. I on the other hand am very particular when it comes to putting together anything relating to transforming bland into something exciting. 

Although my style has evolved over the years, I've always stayed true to the bohemian lifestyle. I can only hope that my fiance will be more than willing the accommodate to an unconventional type wedding, because my wedding is the last chance where I can purely selfish and demand everything I want. Afterwards I'll be stuck with my spouse f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Anywho, champagne, green and white would be my color scheme. As for cake, I have two choices one is more conservative than the other. The boho side of me wants a more artsy type, while that small conservative princess for a day side of me wants a more traditional cake. 

Without a doubt, I'd make my splash of color raspberry or red. Probably the former. These are a few ways I'd integrate it: 


1.I'm sure I could somehow incorporate this into an alcoholic beverage, vodka with a splash of sprite anyone?




2. Headbands are one of my favorite accessories and to be frank, I don't think I look that great without one in my hair. So with that being said, this headband will in paired with either a half up-half down curled do or a low curled ponytail.  




3. I really want to make my accent color pop, so I'm adding it to all the tables. Not only is the napkin display a great way to to integrate the color, it's also a good way to keep the bohemian feel alive. 



These are just a few examples of how to add some spunk. Luckily by having a wedding in the fall I also get to play off the natural color of the leaves. I'm hoping I'll get fortunate enough to have a lot of yellow leaves or even some red fading ones. 


Some other touches I'll make sure to add include: 


4. I found these bark styled pots online and I would either love to find where to buy them or at least if there was a way to make it. I really love the color of the flowers, they're not white, and it looks to me as if there is a champagne colored center to them.





5. Also online I came across these pine cone candle holders. Again I'd like to know where I can find these, but like the flower pots they seem like an easy how-to project. I haven't thought about where I'd have my reception, but if Columbus weekend happened to fall during the Indian Summer and I get blessed with warm weather I'd love to have an outdoor tent close by wooden chapel.  





6. Weddings aren't weddings without a good selection of food. I'm a huge big fan of apples and I'm a huge fan of fairs. So what's more appropriate than caramel covered apples. Sounds ridiculous, probably because it is, but that's also because I am, so it makes perfect sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment